“YWiB SFU has completely changed the course of my undergraduate experience. It has amplified my academic career, introduced me to industry professionals and put me deeply in tune with the professional career I want to follow.”
- Kelly Sherstobitoff, past member + exec
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- Access to our impressive array of workshops and socials. Please refer to our Events & Programs page for a comprehensive list of our events, including tentative dates
- Invitations to attend YWiB UBC’s workshops for free, and eligibility for discounted rates at YWiB Vancouver’s high-calibre events, including Beyond Pink 2012
- The opportunity to apply for our unique programs, including the SOUL Mentorship Program and Project GIVE Social Entrepreneurship Program.
- Exclusive access to our monthly newsletter, which contains involvement opportunities offered solely to YWiB members
- The chance to support great causes by volunteering with various charities and other non-profit organizations through our exciting Philanthropy Program
- Connect with like-minded, dynamic female leaders to create a network of friends who are as passionate about making a difference as you are
What’s new this year?
This year, we have introduced several new initiatives to further engage our members. The first of these initiatives is launching a YWiB SFU chapter of the prestigious international organization, Toastmasters. This first info session will be held on Thursday, November 22. More information can be found here. Our second new program will be a book club, to give our members the opportunity to share their love of literature, business and otherwise. This will be launching in the early new year. Finally, we are looking forward to organizing our first intramural team in the second semester, most likely playing volleyball.
How to I apply to become a member?
Membership Applications for 2012/2013 membership are now closed. We will begin accepting members for the 2013/2014 school year in September of 2013. Until then, you are welcome to attend one of our many workshops.
If you have any questions, please contact our VP of Internal Relations, Kathrene -firstname.lastname@example.org.